Osprey Photography Boat Tour
We get you up-close to take osprey photos with us at Waccamaw River Tours.
Wildlife Photography Tour in Myrtle Beach Details
- 1.5-hour Osprey Photography boat tour
- Tour is limited to 15 photographers to allow everyone to move about freely on the boat to take pictures
- Minimum of eight guests required for this tour to run.
- This tour is not for children (12 years and under).
- See the schedule for these tour times
- March – June
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
- Waccamaw River Tours Dock (Myrtle Beach, SC)
- Directions: Click Here
What Is Not Included?
Admission to the Waccatee Zoo is not included. The zoo is a completely separate business. You do not need to purchase a zoo ticket to do the Waccamaw River Tour or vice versa. Enter the Zoo road and follow the signs to Waccamaw River Tours Boat Rides. Waccamaw River Tours has its own parking area in the very back along the river! Parking is free.
- Beverages and snacks are available for purchase at the gift shop. Purchase drinks/food may be taken on the boat only. No personal coolers or drinks/food.
- Make sure to bring your camera. Bring your longer lens as well, some of these nests are up high and some are not. Pack an extra battery and film card! You will take lots of photos!!
- No tripods allowed for safety reasons. Monopod is allowed.
- Groups: We also work with groups (eight – 12 people) on request and based on availability.
Groups may contact us at: 1 (843) 668-4250 and please leave a message. We will return your call to set up an Osprey Photography Boat Tour for your group.
The osprey return here every year in March to mate, rebuild the nest, have their young and raise them, and then migrate south by late August. This is a natural nesting area for the osprey. We get you up-close to take osprey photos with us at Waccamaw River Tours. This is a one and a half-hour Osprey Photography Boat Tour on the beautiful cypress-lined and moss-draped Waccamaw River and the Intracoastal Waterway and its creeks/swamps in search of nesting and active osprey.
There are several active osprey nests along this river region of the untouched National Wildlife Refuge. So, have your camera ready because we are going to get you in close for some great pictures of the osprey. Of course, other wildlife just might cross our path along the way. It is a wildlife photographer’s dream photo opportunity, whether you are a novice or professional.Space is limited to 15 passengers. This allows everyone to move about more freely to take pictures.” The captain maneuvers the boat as much as possible to allow all sides of the boat to have photo opportunities.
You May See
- Osprey hunting and fishing on the river. Some flying or in trees with large fish in their talons.
- Baby osprey in the nest learning to fly and hunt for food.
- Majestic osprey swooping by the boat.
- The natural nesting habitat of osprey
This is a beautiful and natural section of the Intracoastal Waterway/Waccamaw River and the fun of watching these family-oriented birds in their natural nesting habitat is fascinating. It is a joy and trial to try to capture the perfect shot of the osprey catching its prey, feeding its young, or carrying materials to the nest. This boat tour is a wonderful osprey photography adventure.
Important To Note
Discounts will not apply to this tour. Tour space limited to allow movement for photographing. Groups (eight – 12 people) may call 1 (843) 668-4250 to schedule this photography tour. Leave a message with your name and phone number on the answering machine. We will call you back ASAP. We are a small business and are out on the river doing tours, so please be patient and we will return your call. Advance planning required to schedule this tour as a private event.